.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Diamond Mountain Blog

This is an unofficial blog of news and info from Diamond Mountain University and Retreat Center which was founded by Geshe Michael Roach and Lama Christie McNally in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition of the Dalai Lamas.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Ordination at DM!

This evening, after years of preparation, Gail Deutsch and Eric Brinkman took nun and monk ordination respectively. It was a powerful and emotional ceremony. Many Diamond Mountain students were there as well as friends and family of the ordainees. Gail has been given the name Lobsang Gyelsay, which means Pure Mind Rose. Eric has been given the Lobsang Nyingpo, Pure Mind Heart. Wow.

Here are some pics. It was low light, so they aren't so great.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bets Greer said...

Fantastic, Evan - thanks so much for posting these!

It was indeed a very powerful evening. The first ordination at Diamond Mountain, the great monastery.

January 10, 2006 1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear DMU Blogger,

Thank you so much. I have enjoyed reading the news on this site, and check it every day. My name is Alec Sloman, I'm 19 and I live in Australia. I will, sometime in 2007, be coming to DMU to lend a helping hand.

I was wondering, is there any way I could be put in contact with either of the two Venerables in the photos? I vowed to join the Sangha, and I hope that maybe they could share some advice about how I should best prepare.

Thank you again for your wonderful 'blog'!

-Alec

January 15, 2006 2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and my email is vigomond@hotmail.com. :)

-Alec

January 15, 2006 2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember these four things:

1. The body is impure.
2. Feelings are suffering.
3. Things are impermanent.
4. There is no enduring self.

January 16, 2006 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home