.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Diamond Mountain Blog

This is an unofficial blog of news and info from Diamond Mountain University and Retreat Center which was founded by Geshe Michael Roach and Lama Christie McNally in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition of the Dalai Lamas.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Teachings

It has been entirely too long since the last post. I lot has happened in my world. Way too much to cover in one blog post. We just finished up the second Quiet Retreat Teaching event at DMU. All in all a great time. Lots of high lights. I'm sorry to be so brief. I'm still a bit exhausted and will require time to let everything sink in.
I hope to be starting a big job in Tucson in March. My friend Eric is hopefully starting a remodel job there and needs help. This would be the first big job I've had since the retreat started. Not surprisingly, it only surfaced after my one year commitment to DMU was over. To me it feels like it's been a three year commitment. The two years of building were as important a part as the year of care taking.
Just when you think you understand the world, the rug will get pulled out from under you. Just when you think that we are not connected, connections slap you in the face. Lately, I feel that there is a call urging me to take responsibility for the blinders I put on myself concerning the larger world. Where do big problems in the world come from? I feel like there is a lot I can do in my life to help counter act these problems. I keep thinking about the power of and idea who's time has come. Weather positive or negative, they are unstoppable.
more to come,
Matt

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

Returning to our ranch next to DM last sunday night after a great superbowl party i was passed by 6 or 7 Speeding cars leaving DM at a bit before midnight.I thought to myself do these people know about the cows (we do from experience) The next morning I see the accident site.If this was one of the cars that passed me going 70 it would have been a bad night.

February 12, 2012 7:09 PM  
Blogger Matt Gallup said...

You said it, Jerry. I always appreciate your comments here on the blog. No humans were killed that night, just one poor cow.

March 28, 2012 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home