.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Diamond Mountain Blog

This is an unofficial blog of news and info from Diamond Mountain University and Retreat Center which was founded by Geshe Michael Roach and Lama Christie McNally in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition of the Dalai Lamas.

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

One Month Left

So, there's only one month left before we have to have all the cabins ready to live in.  I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying....

I'll say more on that.  There's only one guy working everyday on Geshe Michael's little straw bale cabin.  Want to be a hero?  Here's your chance.  You're Lama needs YOU.  If he's not your Lama you'll be a hero anyway.  Really.  You will get the best piece of brownie in the kitchen yurt.  People will get up and let you sit down for dinner.  The best camping site that's left will be yours.  As you fall asleep listening to the coyotes you will be filled with a sense of purpose.  But bring a warm sleeping bag, it's getting cold at night.  
      There are five projects that need more people.  Help any of them.  It's worth it.  I've been trying to talk about this building process and what it means to me.  I've been trying to communicate what a special time this is on the land.  If you have the view that these people going into reatreat can really help the world then the work you do for them is very powerful.  It is a type of energy, this service.  Like any energy it can be directed at what ever you want.  You do it with your heart.  You direct your efforts.  This is true of any service you believe in.  The building is so physical that you can get your whole body into it which makes it even more powerful, I think.  You get all the chakra's humming.  If you know me, I don't usually talk in "chakra" terms but that describes it so well.  For me it's rare to have all my energy, heart, and mind focused on what I'm doing.  Here at DMU, building, it's essential.  It rocks you in the best sort of way and the worst.  But if you have a good intention and return to that at the end of the day, you just upward spiral.  That's all I can say about it.  Get your world-view screwed on tight and get your butt out here. We need each other. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home