.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Diamond Mountain Blog

This is an unofficial blog of news and info from Diamond Mountain University and Retreat Center which was founded by Geshe Michael Roach and Lama Christie McNally in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition of the Dalai Lamas.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Love

As Steve, Johneo and I were leaving Big Papa Brady's site this evening, climbing impossible steep roads as the sun set, Steve laughed and said "Do we love Geshe Michael or what?" I don't think any of us would be here if not for him and Lama C. Diamond Mountain Retreat Valley is entirely built on Love. It's a riduculous place to work if looked at from the outside. We're all going into the hole financially here. Our trucks are getting beat to dirt. Our minds are getting beat to dirt. My personal practice of yoga and meditation is beat to, I don't know, tiny buckwheat husks. But still I want it all to succeed. Particularly because it is such a crazy project.
As I look at what my friends are doing out in the world I sometimes long to join them. There are so many beautiful projects and trainings happening. I love getting the Acro Yoga newsletter. The founders, Jason and Jenny, have created something transendent. Transending what? You name it. Yoga combined with acrobatics combined with play and Thai massage combined with dance and music and Metta. My longing to join them only lasts a brief while. It is my sincere wish that my friends all complete their three year retreat and acheive what ever it is they wish to acheive in there. And then I think of the cabins being there for anyone to do any sort of retreat in. This is a project that will last well beyond me. That makes me happy.
Again, if you have a desire to come here, please do. If you have building skills, super. No skills, super. But you have to like physical labor. You should probably also Love someone who is here or associated with DMU. It just makes it all the more sweet.
Allison made some killer veggie pot pie pockets tonight. I'm full and ready to go home.
See you on the mountain,
Matt G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home