.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Diamond Mountain Blog

This is an unofficial blog of news and info from Diamond Mountain University and Retreat Center which was founded by Geshe Michael Roach and Lama Christie McNally in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition of the Dalai Lamas.

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Giant Wildfire Burning Close to Retreat!

I know that the title is very dramatic. It's not usually my style. But I couldn't resist. There is a giant wildfire burning not far from here. It's twenty miles away now. Nicole, Rob, and Joe went to the fire meeting and got the low down from the folks fighting it. If it shifts and burns toward the retreat valley there are several places where they feel confident they could cut a break and stop it if the wind cooperates. I personally don't feel it will come. I hope I'm right.
If I had to leave my home because a fire was coming I would first wrap many bananas in tin foil and leave them in the path of the fire around my house. To some of the bananas I would add marsh mellow. Upon returning, even if my home were reduced to a smoking pile of personal posessions, I would have a tasty warm treat waiting for me. If I were a 13 year old boy again, I would press two of my least favorite GI Joe action figures in tin foil and leave them in the path of the fire. What sort of twisted figure those two would become! What fun! This sort of silly imagining is easy for me. I don't own my home, I have no family here living with me, I have very little in the way of personal effects that I really need. Me and the cat would hit the road. Computer, I would never leave you. Bananas, the end is nigh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

I'm glad you've established your priorities. But don't count on any future cooperation from bananas. They know you're the enemy now.

Of course, maybe the all peeling and eating has tipped them off by now.

Your computer thanks you.

Signed,
The Thing Whisperer

June 10, 2011 5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home