.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Diamond Mountain Blog

This is an unofficial blog of news and info from Diamond Mountain University and Retreat Center which was founded by Geshe Michael Roach and Lama Christie McNally in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition of the Dalai Lamas.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lama Dome Dailies, Dec 16

From John "The Hammer" Buchanan:

I worked for one of the largest concrete companies in Vancouver and my Portuguese boss always told me with a thick accent; "John, keep it low profile". He was of course referring to my pay raises and not my ability to finish concrete. Anyway, I find myself on top of the Lama Dome on a windswept mountain pouring the circular concrete rim for the clear plastic skylight which fits on top of Lama Dome itself. This has been a fiendishly difficult task which has required all of my knowledge and know how. Thankfully I have had the blessing of my Holy Lama by my side.

From the Volunteer Coordinator:

We quickly raised the $150 for the dome worker to stay until the 22nd. Thank you for the overwhelming response. You are so amazing! If you still want to donate to the project, we are accepting donations for construction costs on the Diamond Mountain web site, just make sure to designate the purpose of the donation as Geshe Michael and Lama Christie's Three Year Retreat Cabin. You can also offer your donation to sponsor a worker to help come and work on the interior of the dome, work which will begin this spring, by contacting nicolekdavis@gmail.com

Images of the Day, December 16, 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home